If you’re looking for a place to stay on Waiheke Island, look no further!
Our list of the 7 best places to stay on Waiheke Island will help make your decision much easier. We’ve done all the research for you and compiled a list of some of the most popular and highly rated accommodations on the island.
Whether you’re looking for a luxurious resort or a cosy bed and breakfast, we have something for everyone on our list. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
View our list of the 7 best places to stay on Waiheke Island now!
Waiheke Island is only a forty-five-minute ferry ride away from Auckland, where you will find excellent beaches and vineyards. You can go there for a weekend getaway or spend a few days exploring the island. Whatever you do, it is always good to know where to stay on Waiheke Island.
Here are the top seven places you can choose from for the best stay.
The Oyster Inn is a two-minute walk from the beach, and it is known for creating some of the best seafood delicacies. Besides that, another great thing about this hotel is the hospitality you will receive. Of course, you can also access all the main attractions of Oneroa from the location of this hotel.
All the rooms are air-conditioned, and they include wooden furniture, flooring, and more. A continental breakfast is also included in what you pay. The Oyster Inn is a perfect balance of relaxation and charm.
- Two minutes away from the beach
- All the rooms have a cozy atmosphere
- The on-site restaurant serves traditional New Zealand dishes with local ingredients
- You get a breakfast
- There are many things to do nearby
- The hotel is expensive
- Kids’ meals have an additional charge
Are you wondering where to stay on Waiheke Island with your significant other? If you are, the Guesthouse on Queens is ideal, as you have the entire place to yourself. It includes a bedroom, bathroom, balcony, dining area, patio, and more.
The best part is that you can also go fishing or hiking nearby if you love outdoor adventures. Even Onetangi Beach is only three kilometres away, so you can enjoy the beach. The property has private parking.
- Oneroa Beach and Palm Beach are nearby
- The Cable Bay Vineyard is only three kilometres
- Clean and aesthetic guesthouse
- The owner is hospitable and friendly
- Free WiFi available
- Pets and children are not allowed in this guesthouse
The Vista Del Mare is the ideal accommodation for people who are wondering where to stay on Waiheke Island that offers privacy. You have the entire apartment to yourself, including a bedroom, kitchenette, TV, bathroom, BBQ, and much more. If you want to enjoy the outdoors, you can also go hiking or cycling nearby.
The apartment is also just an eighteen-minute walk from the beach. Besides that, the terrace offers some of the best views of the Hauraki Gulf.
- You can enjoy some privacy here
- Onetangi and Palm Beach are nearby
- Stonyridge vineyard is only a kilometre away
- The views of the Hauraki Gulf are spectacular
- The accommodation is excellent and clean
- Children are not allowed
- It only sleeps two people
If you are thinking about where to stay on Waiheke Island, then the answer is Wild Thyme. It offers self-contained luxury studios and a four-bedroom lodge for you to choose from. All the rooms include a private bathroom for your comfort and a private balcony for relaxation.
The best part is that it is only a ten-minute walk from the beach and Cable Bay and Mudbrick Vineyard are nearby for you to enjoy and visit. The spacious and airy property will have you in awe.
- Children are welcome at the property
- You can stay here with your significant other or family
- All the important attractions are nearby
- The staff is friendly and accommodating
- The place is clean and aesthetic
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking is not allowed
Studio accommodations are the ideal option if you are looking for a nice place to stay. The Oneroa Secret Garden Apartments are exactly that, and you will get a studio with an outdoor table, a private balcony, a kitchen, and much more. There are also private bathrooms for you to have some privacy.
You can also relax in the beautiful secret gardens and take in nature as much as you like. The best part is that these apartments are only a twelve-minute walk from Oneroa Beach. You will also get free private parking and WiFi at the property.
- The Waiheke Ferry Terminal is only a four-minute drive away
- Children are welcome, which is why you can stay with your family
- It is only twelve minutes from Oneroa Beach
- There are beaches and wineries nearby
- The studio is clean and nice to stay
- You can’t bring your pets here
Are you thinking of where to stay on Waiheke Island, which is only a few minutes from the beach? If you are, then Jake’s Place is the ideal accommodation option for you. That is because you get the whole apartment that includes the best sea views for you to enjoy.
There is also a sun terrace, coffee machine, kitchen, and more. You can find various activities nearby too. These include cafés, restaurants, swimming, fishing, and more.
- The comfort of this place is like no other
- It offers excellent value for money
- The sun terrace is ideal for relaxation
- Close to the town centre
- Owners are friendly
- Children and pets are not allowed
Waiheke Island Punga Lodge is one of the top accommodations that will not break your budget. The beach is within 250 metres, and the lodge offers a garden, balcony, sun terrace, hot tub, and much more. It is also ideal for people looking for a romantic and intimate stay.
It is close to many vineyards, too, such as Cable Bat, Mudbrick, and many others. So, be sure to explore the area around.
- Ideal for people on a budget
- Guests can use the hot tub and sun terrace
- Beach is nearby
- You can get a continental or gluten-free breakfast
- Location is ideal
- If you want to get laundry done, you will have to pay an additional charge
You don’t need to wonder where to stay on Waiheke Island anymore with these spectacular options. All of these places are fantastic, and the one you select depends on your budget and preferences. So, be sure to choose one today.