The YMCA lagoon pool and fitness centre is an outdoor and indoor pool and gym facility alongside Panmure’s beautiful basin. It is open to everyone who wants to swim or learn how to swim and pursue their fitness goals. Below are a list of things you can do in the leisure centre.
The Panmure leisure centre gym is managed by YMCA Auckland and is open to kids and families. Visitors and members of the fitness centre can choose from personal trainer sessions, cardio, weight rooms, and other group fitness classes and training sessions. Furthermore, gym members enjoy exclusive access to the pools, including the sauna and spa. Therefore, after a training session in the gym centre, you can head to the pool for swimming lessons or a spa and relax.
Group fitness classes are available in the leisure centre. Some classes you can join include Box n Burn, AB Blast, Spinning, Pilates, Yoga, Aqua Energy, step, Zumba, Spump, Xpres-Fit, and Family-Fit Zone.
- Casual class participation: $12 per class
- Concession cards: $92 per ten classes
- Adult membership: $18.95 per week
You can visit Panmure leisure centre lagoon pool for casual swimming. The YMCA Auckland lagoon pool has a waterslide, diving well, and splash pad. There is also an outdoor pool area with a café and al fresco eating area. Plus, you can book a place for a birthday and other pool parties. Some of the pools within the facility include:
- A 33-metre lap indoor pool that is heated to 29 degrees
- The learner’s pool is heated to 29 degrees and is available for public use.
- The teaching pool is heated to 32 degrees and is available for swimming lessons.
- The spa pool is heated to 39 degrees and is available to customers aged 17 years and above, and there is a separate sauna room.
- The 50-metre outdoor pool is open in the summer months
- The waterslide is available during summertime.
The YMCA Swim School Lagoon Pool Panmure will help children adjust to the aquatic environment. Older swimmers can also learn swim skills and vital water safety skills to improve their skills. The pool leisure centre uses designated safeguarding staff and clear policies and protocols to promote safe practice.
- Baby swim classes: $195 per term
- Preschool swim classes: $195 per term
- School-age swim classes: $195 per term
- Adult swim classes: $195 per term
Contact information and opening hours
📍 29 Lagoon Drive, Panmure, Auckland 1072, New Zealand
☎ 09 570 9061
🕤 Monday – Thursday: 5:30 am – 9 pm
🕤 Friday: 5:30 am – 8 pm
🕤 Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm
Pool Hire Options
You can rent the main indoor pool, outdoor pool, grass area, and barbeque area of the lagoon pool for a birthday party. Since booking the leisure centre is subject to availability, you must confirm ahead of time.
The Panmure leisure centre is one of the best places for swimmers and people looking for swimming lessons or pursuing their fitness goals. Visit today for thrilling water fun.