6 Reasons to Visit East restaurant in Auckland
Thinking about visiting Auckland? East restaurant should definitely be on your list. Here are six reasons why:
1. The Food is incredible.
East serves modern Asian cuisine, and the chefs are not afraid to experiment with new flavors and ingredients. Trust us, you’ll be blown away by how good the food is. On the menu, you can find inspiration from the near and far east, from Thai holy basil to Chinese Sichuan peppers and Korean gochuchang chilli paste. They aimed to create a menu that was generous, concise, convivial, and shared by all.
East restaurant is located on Nelson street in Auckland and features a great range of vegetarian, vegan and non-vegan options. The menu consists of small plates, larger dishes, and a range of sides that are all designed to share. The main menu is inspired by modern Asian cuisine, with inventive dishes that make use of traditional culinary traditions. Some of those dishes include sharing plates. Among those dishes are Southern Thai yellow curry, Peking jackfruit pancakes, and caramelised black pepper tofu.
The drinks menu features a selection of organic wines, vegan-friendly beers, and bespoke cocktails. East is the perfect place to enjoy great food and drinks with friends. Whether you’re looking for dinner or just drinks, East has something for everyone.
2. Delicious modern Asian flavours.
As lifelong vegetarians with Hong Kong roots, East owners enjoy modern Asian cuisine from Japan to Sri Lanka and its vibrant, robust flavours. It is their belief that vegetarian and vegan dining does not mean sacrificing taste. Salty, sweet, sour, spicy, and even bitter – Asian flavours pack a powerful punch. A high impact on taste and a low impact on the environment are the objectives of their products.
Singh says his team has been experimenting with vegetarian-friendly sauces, including a vegan ‘XO’ sauce containing shiitake mushrooms and created using a special process. Steamed mushroom cheung fun is served with it.
3. The restaurant has a great atmosphere.
East restaurant in Auckland is a delicious and amazing organic and vegan restaurant. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and the food is delicious. East is an amazing organic and vegan restaurant. It’s dimly lit and cosy, perfect for a date night or a night out with friends.
4. The service is super friendly.
Known for its super friendly service, the Auckland restaurant is one of the best. The wait staff are always happy to help, and they go out of their way to make sure that every customer is comfortable and enjoying their meal. East is the perfect place to go for a casual meal with friends or family. You’re sure to enjoy the delicious food and warm, welcoming service.
5. Drinks menu features organic.
The restaurant’s wine list is one of the few in New Zealand to feature 100% organic (or biodynamic) and vegan wines. New Zealand-based artisanal producers and boutique beverage and spirits brands are supported by them. Their drinks menu also bespoke cocktails and sustainable New Zealand craft beer.
6. Atmosphere that is relaxed.
Luchetti Krelle, an award-winning architecture and interior design firm with clients including Acme in Sydney and Longrain in Tokyo, designed the restaurant’s stylish but relaxed interior. The walls are dark, rich jade green, with marble and brass accents, while the floor tiles are eclectic black and white. There are stylish and comfortable banquettes, large timber tables, and generous space for a refined dining experience.
Address: 63-67 Nelson Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Opening hours: Open from 11am – 11pm
Phone: +64 9 399 2361
- 2 kiwi vegans out for lunch So many vegan options! First time at East, definitely will return, the food was amazing every single dish. The staff fantastic and friendly, asked if we wanted a recommendation and we chose all the recommended items.
- Incredibly delicious. This restaurant serves vegetarian vegan food but you probably wouldn’t notice. A multitude of these dishes are also vegan friendly as you can imagine. This is a must-try destination for foodies looking for a creative take on classic and fusion Asian dishes alike. The express menu is available most days for a quick meal plus a drink or try the normal menu for larger portions to share. Great spot for dates as the venue is very classy too. Cost per person is on the pricier side but you absolutely get what you pay for.
- Amazing. This is my 2nd time dining here, the first time was 3 days ago 😛At first I was skeptical about the vegetarian-only options, but the food is 10/10. Lots of options that aren’t your standard asian dishes, tastes amazing, very filling too. You really won’t miss the meat. Highly recommend the caramelised tofu and fried rice dishes. None too spicy for me, who can’t handle chilli. The service is great and vibe feels high class, especially for the price.
Whether you’re looking for a great meal or just a good time, East restaurant in Auckland is sure to please. So what are you waiting for? Make a reservation today!