30 Wallace Road, Papatoetoe
Opening hours: Mon-Tue: 9am-5pm Wed: 9am-7pm Thu: 9am-5pm Fri: 9am-5pm Sat: 10:00am-4pm
The Papatoetoe Civic War Memorial was officially opened next to the Papatoetoe Town Hall in St George Street on 8th Oct 1955. The two-storey building housed a public library, a rest room, a concert chamber or memorial hall and the Papatoetoe RSA clubrooms downstairs, with the Papatoetoe Borough offices and Council chambers upstairs. A roll of honour was unveiled in the hall listing men of the Papatoetoe and East Tamaki districts who had died during the two world wars. A further ceremony was held formally dedicating the building as a war memorial on 13th Nov 1955.