Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium is one of Auckland’s top attractions and is perfect for people of all ages!
The aquarium has a variety of exhibits that will pique your interest. You’ll be amazed at how they swoop and swoon through the ice cold water as they glide and dive. Antarctic Ice Adventure is the biggest colony of Sub-antarctic penguins in the Southern Hemisphere, the creatures that live in the coldest place on Earth! It’s also among the world’s most prolific breeding programs!
Be sure to visit their gift shop where you can purchase all sorts of sea life-themed souvenirs. From stuffed animals to keychains, they have something for everyone!
Purchase tickets online today and come experience the amazing world of sea life at Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium!
Kelly Tarlton’s Deals:
- General Admission – online tickets – SAVE UP TO 20%!
- Weekday Parent + Child – ONLINE TICKET DISCOUNT – SAVE OVER 23%!
- Kelly Tarlton’s Annual Pass – For only $109 per adult and $76 per child (3-15), you can enjoy unlimited access to SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s for a full year!
📍 23 Tamaki Drive, Orakei, Auckland, 1071
Kelly’s is open 7 days a week during New Zealand School Holidays
There’s plenty to discover…
Explore the aquariums where you can meet hundreds of species of marine animals, including sharks, penguins, seahorses, fish, and so much more, with local and exotic species swimming together.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Kelly Tarlton’s opening times?
Tuesday & Wednesday – Closed
Thursday – Monday – 9:30am – 5pm
How much is general admission at Kelly Tarlton’s?
- Adult: $41.00
- Adult online discount: $41 (ga online pre booked discount rate $32.80)
- Adult late entry deal: $41 (only valid for entry after 1pm, last entry 4pm for 5pm close)
- Child tickets: $29.00 (aged 3-15 years and accompanied by an adult)
- Child tickets online discount: $29.00 (ga online pre booked discount rate $23.20 aged 3-15 years and accompanied by an adult)
- Child tickets – late entry: $29.00 (only valid for entry after 1pm, last entry 4pm for 5pm close aged 3-15 years and accompanied by an adult)
- Infant: $0.00 (aged 2 and under)
- Family online discount: $140.00 (2 adults + 2 children)
- Family: $140.00 ( 2 adults + 2 children)
Is there a gift shop at Kelly Tarlton’s?
Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium’s gift shop offers a wide variety of reasonably priced souvenirs, many of them relating to the creatures you can see in the aquarium. There is something for everyone on the list, with many choices under $5, ranging from plush toys to t-shirts to books about the sea.
Is there somewhere to eat at drink at Kelly Tarlton’s?
There’s something for everyone at SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s – from a café with ocean views serving freshly made treats and organic coffee, to a shop with a wide selection of fun, educational, and New Zealand souvenir items.
What animals are at Kelly Tarlton’s?
You are sure to be mesmerised by their underwater exhibits, which feature a variety of colourful sea life, from anemones to sharks.
|King & Gentoo penguins||Jellyfish||King crabs|
|Colourful fish species||Sharks||Seahorse & spiny|
|Stingrays & Eagle Rays||Tuatara||Turtles|
What Sharks are at Kelly Tarlton’s?
Auckland’s iconic aquarium is a great place to gain an insight into the world of sharks, which includes sand tiger sharks, carpet sharks, a wobbegong shark, and broadnose sevengill sharks. Shark facts boards, with fun questions to test the kids, will turn you into a shark expert in no time.
What can you see at Kelly Tarlton’s?
- Antarctic Ice Adventure
- Scott’s Hut
- Turtle Rescue Centre
- Shark Tunnel
- Amazing Creation
- NIWA Southern Ocean Discovery
- Shipwreck Shores
- Shipwreck Discovery
- Fish Gallery
- Seahorse Kingdom
What did Kelly Tarlton do?
Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium was built from unused sewage tanks by Kelly Tarlton, who is renowned for diving, archaeology, and conservation in the sea. During his career, he designed a marine aquarium that was four times larger than any other in the world. Seven weeks after the Aquarium opened, he died at the age of 47 after working 18-hour days to fulfil his vision.
How big is Kelly Tarlton’s?
Visitors can walk through two tanks that can hold up to 2000 animals through this 110-metre acrylic tunnel. There are two tanks, the first containing mainly shark species (3,785,000 l) and the second containing mainly schooling fish like blue mao maos.
How long does it take to go through Kelly Tarlton’s?
An average visit to SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s will take you 1.5 to 2 hours. It completely depends on you and how long you wish to spend in their underwater world.
Is there an octopus at Kelly Tarltons?
The Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium does still have octopuses.