Are you looking to travel within Auckland with your family and kids? If so, visiting a hot pool region will help you enjoy the best. This is because Auckland is filled with natural hot pools and springs that will allow you to spend quality time with your family.
The best part about visiting a hot pool is that you can indulge in excellent BBQs, indoor and outdoor springs, and much more. Another benefit of travelling to a hot pool is that it will be a cost-effective trip, so you don’t have to worry about breaking your bank.
If you are looking for the best hot pools Auckland offers, you have come to the right place. Here is a comprehensive travelling guide that will help you.
Benefits of Hot Pools:
Hot pools, whether outdoor pools, exclusive adults-only pools, private spas, or natural hot springs, offer a range of benefits, including:
- Pure Relaxation: Hot pools provide a serene and soothing environment that promotes relaxation and stress relief. The warm water and tranquil surroundings create an ideal atmosphere for unwinding.
- Relief for Tired Muscles: The warm temperature of hot pools can help relax tense muscles and alleviate soreness. It’s a great way to ease the discomfort after physical activities or a long day.
- Natural Healing: Many hot pools, especially those with geothermal activity and mineral-rich water, offer natural healing properties. The minerals can have therapeutic effects on the skin and body.
- Health Benefits: Soaking in hot pools can have various health benefits, including improved circulation, reduced blood pressure, and relief from joint pain and arthritis. The heat can also help with detoxification.
- Aches and Pains: Hot pools are often recommended for individuals suffering from chronic aches and pains. The warmth can ease discomfort and promote a sense of well-being.
- Geothermal Activity: Hot pools that utilise geothermal activity offer a unique experience. The natural heat from the Earth’s core provides a sustainable source of warmth and mineral-rich water.
- Exclusive and Private Experience: Exclusive adults-only pools and private spas provide a more intimate and personalised experience. They are perfect for couples looking for a romantic getaway or individuals seeking solitude.
- Outdoor Enjoyment: Outdoor hot pools allow you to soak in the natural surroundings, whether it’s a forest, mountains, or the night sky. It enhances the overall experience and connects you with nature.
- Unique Experience: Each hot pool location has its own unique character and charm, making the experience memorable. Whether it’s the scenery, the water’s mineral content, or the ambiance, each hot pool is distinct.
- Great Place to Socialise: Public hot pools provide a social environment where you can meet new people and share the experience. It’s an excellent way to relax and bond with friends or family.
- Changing Rooms and Amenities: Many hot pool facilities offer changing rooms, showers, and additional amenities to ensure your comfort and convenience before and after soaking.
Overall, hot pools offer a blend of relaxation, natural therapy, and enjoyment, making them a popular choice for individuals seeking respite from the stresses of daily life or looking to soothe their bodies and minds. Whether you prefer a public pool, an exclusive adults-only pool, or a private spa, there are numerous options to choose from to tailor the experience to your preferences.
9 Best Hot Pools Auckland
Here are the nine best hot pools Auckland has to offer you in New Zealand:
1. Parakai Springs
Address: 150 Parkhurst Road, Parakai, Auckland, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 10 AM to 8 PM
Contact Details: 0800 468 766, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parakai Springs is one of the best hot pools Auckland has to offer you in New Zealand. A key feature of this place is that it is only 40 minutes away from the city, so you can easily drive here whenever you want to indulge in some geothermally heated pools.
Another great thing about Parakai Springs is that it is open all seven days of the week for high flexibility. It has hot pools for adults and kids, meaning you can enjoy a relaxing experience with your partner without being affected by the noise that children create.
Besides that, you can also camp in the park spaces designed for picnics and BBQs. At Parakai Springs you can also find two hydro slides in the region for a thrilling experience. The site offers free parking spaces so that you don’t waste any time upon arrival.
2. Palm Springs
Address: 155 Parkhurst Road, Parakai 0830, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 10 AM to 9 PM
Contact Details: 09 420 8321, email@example.com
The Palm Springs is located next to the Parakai Springs and offers tough competition. This site has two large pools heated at different temperatures for an enjoyable experience. Not only that, but you can sunbathe in the shallow pool of the resort too.
However, the best thing about Palm Springs is its semi-rock pools with native ferns in the vicinity. The top feature of the resort is that it is suitable for adults, kids, and seniors, so you can take your whole family to Palm Springs.
The site also has a well-developed café where you can indulge in cold and hot drinks. You can also have exquisite dishes that are freshly made in the Palm Springs kitchen. Of course, you can also enjoy camping and making your own food at one of the picnic areas of the resort.
3. Float Culture
Address: 12 Water Street, Grafton, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 8/9 AM to 9 PM
Contact Details: 09 281 4648
The Float Culture is one of the best places in Auckland for relaxing. A key feature of this site is that it takes the hot pool game to the next level. This is because you can spend time in a relaxing pod that is heated to the same temperature as your skin.
What’s so great about the hot pool pods is that you don’t have to worry about sharing the space with other people. Not only that, but the room where the container is kept is also heated to a specific temperature. So you don’t have to worry about the heat being inadequate.
The best part about the pods is that they also contain a salt solution to enable high buoyancy. This means floating in the hot pool will not be a hassle regardless of your weight. The place opens at 9 AM on weekends and 8 AM on weekends to offer high flexibility.
4. West Wave Pool & Leisure
Address: 20 Alderman Drive, Henderson, Auckland 0612, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 5:30 AM to 9 PM, 7 AM to 7 PM (Weekends)
Contact Details: 09 301 0101, firstname.lastname@example.org
The West Wave Pool & Leisure is one of the best spots for families looking to spend quality time. This centre was built in 1990 for the Commonwealth Games, which is why you will find dive pools, lap pools, and much more here. They have also set hydro slides for a thrilling experience at the site.
Besides that, the centre has installed hot pools, a lazy river, and a swimming region for kids. So you don’t have to worry about relaxing while adjusting to the background noise of children. The best part is that the resort does not charge an entry fee for kids.
Aside from that, the leisure centre also has a spa if you want to indulge in a private massage with your partner. Moreover, a café is also present at the site so that you don’t have to worry about meals. You can enjoy drinks, snacks, dessert, and much more at this hot pool spot.
5. Mount Albert Aquatic Centre
Address: 38 Alberton Avenue, Mount Albert, Auckland 1025, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 5:30 AM to 8 PM
Contact Details: 09 815 7001
The Mount Albert Aquatic Centre is one of Auckland’s best hot pool spots. A key feature of this facility is that it has various swimming pools that are heated to a suitable temperature. Not only that, but the centre also has a wave pool for a high fun experience.
Another key feature is that it has private spas and sauna rooms if you don’t prefer going into the water. There is also a toddler pool for infants that comes with a play feature. Besides that, the hydro slide will enable you and your older kids to enjoy a bit of excitement.
The best part about the facility and its pools is that they are indoor. This means you can also visit this centre during winter. After all, the place is open throughout the year on all seven days of the week except holidays. You should also note that the opening hours vary slightly from Friday to Sunday, so be sure to check out the latest weekend timings before you visit the location. It will help you avoid mishaps and enjoy the best hot pool experience.
6. Kawhia Springs
Address: Kawhia Hot Water Beach, 3331 Te Puia Road, Kawhia 3889
Operating Hours: 24/7
Contact Details: N/A
The Kawhia Springs is not located in Auckland but is a two-hour drive away. You can visit the Kawhia Hot Water Beach to engage in the pool experience. The best part is that you will be able to enjoy geothermally heated water instead of artificial.
A key thing to keep in mind is that you will have to create a hole in the sand to form a hot pool dune. One of the best things about this place is that you can find a spot with an excellent view and enjoy the sunset. Your kids can also play around the beach making sandcastles or go swimming.
The top feature of the Kawhia Springs is that the beach is clean and does not contain massive crowds, so you don’t have to worry about the spot being noisy and packed with strangers. You can enjoy adequate privacy with your family and immerse yourself in a fun experience.
However, keep in mind that facilities such as cafés may be limited in this region. Be sure to pack some food for the drive and your stay at the beach. You can also enjoy a bonfire if the temperature is colder than what you expected.
7. Opal Hot Springs
Address: 257 Okauia Springs Road, Okauia 3471, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 9 AM to 9 PM
Contact Details: 07 888 8198
Are you looking to get outside the city life of Auckland and enjoy a holistic but fun trip with your family? If so, you can consider visiting the Opal Hot Springs. It is less than two hours away from Auckland by car and offers an excellent travelling experience. You can also make stops on the way if you find an attractive site.
The best thing about Opal Hot Springs is that you can get access to a small private spa pool for high privacy. Besides that, you can also enjoy the family pool with your kids. The top feature of the complex is that it has many slides and fun offerings.
If you want to stay overnight, the site has got you covered as you can book a room. The best part about the rooms is that they have comfy beds and allow you to rest before leaving the resort. You can book accommodation for the whole night or just the duration of your stay.
The place also has various meal and snack options to gather your energy. You can indulge in cold or hot drinks by purchasing from the café. The top benefit of visiting Opal Hot Springs is that your savings will not be affected significantly.
8. Te Aroha Mineral Spas
Address: Boundary Street, Te Aroha 3320, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 10 AM to 9 PM
Contact Details: 07 884 8717
The Te Aroha Mineral Spas is an excellent location that is about 1 hour 30 minutes away from the city life of Auckland, so you don’t have to drive long to reach this place for a fun getaway. The best part is that you can even arrive within an hour, depending on the traffic.
A key feature of this site is that it offers you access to rooms with private wooden tubs. They are filled with clean hot water in which you can have a relaxing experience. The best part about the room is that you will get complete control over the water’s temperature.
Besides that, the private rooms also come with bathrooms that you can use during your stay. Another great thing about this place is that you can also engage in extra spa treatments. For instance, you can get a private massage from an experienced masseur with your partner.
The facility also provides scrubs, wraps, and other treatment options for a better experience. You can also take your kids with you to this site if you don’t want to leave them home. Te Aroha Mineral Spas also offers you various refreshment and food options.
9. Okoroire Hot Springs Hotel
Address: 18 Somerville Road, Okoroire 3485, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 7:30 AM to 7 PM
Contact Details: 07 883 4876
The Okoroire Hot Springs Hotel is just a two-hour drive away from Auckland, and is the perfect weekend getaway solution. You can go to the site with your partner, kids, friends, and other loved ones. The best part is that the entry fee is reasonable and will not cause you to break your bank.
Apart from that, the site has three mineral springs that are naturally heated to offer you a relaxing experience. The management also uses ferns to provide you with a private aesthetic environment. They also don’t filter the water using chemicals, so you don’t have to worry about skin safety.
Another key benefit of this place is that it has many offerings for kids to help them enjoy the trip. Besides that, the view from the springs is spectacular, and you can see the different shades when the sun is setting.
The hotel has a well-developed restaurant to allow you to enjoy delicious meals with your family. You can also try out the different drinks that the facility offers to adults.
Auckland and the surrounding areas in New Zealand offer some excellent hot pools and natural hot springs for relaxation and rejuvenation. Here are our top hot pools and natural hot springs in and around Auckland:
- Polynesian Spa, Rotorua: While not in Auckland itself, Rotorua is a short drive away and known for its geothermal activity. Polynesian Spa offers a range of mineral-rich hot pools overlooking Lake Rotorua, each with unique temperatures and mineral properties for relaxation and health benefits.
- Waiwera Thermal Resort, Waiwera: Located north of Auckland, Waiwera Thermal Resort features a variety of hot pools, slides, and a lazy river. It’s a popular spot for families and individuals seeking relaxation and fun.
- Te Aroha Mineral Spas, Te Aroha: Te Aroha is famous for its mineral spas, which are known for their healing properties. You can relax in private spa pools filled with natural, warm, mineral-rich water.
- Kaitoke Hot Springs, Great Barrier Island: For those seeking a more remote and natural experience, Kaitoke Hot Springs on Great Barrier Island offer secluded pools surrounded by lush forest. It’s a unique and tranquil experience.
- The Lost Spring, Whitianga, Coromandel Peninsula: Located in the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula, The Lost Spring offers hot pools and day spa experiences in a tropical garden setting. The adults-only area provides an exclusive and serene atmosphere.
- Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa, South Island: While not in Auckland, Hanmer Springs on the South Island is famous for its thermal pools and spa facilities. It’s worth considering if you’re traveling to the South Island.
- Parakai Springs, Parakai: This Auckland-area hot pool complex features a variety of pools, including a large hot pool, private spas, and even water slides for families.
- Wairakei Terraces, Taupo: Located a bit further from Auckland, Wairakei Terraces offers a range of geothermal terraces and pools with naturally heated water.
Remember that soaking in hot pools and natural hot springs can have various health benefits, including relaxation, relief from aches and pains, and improved circulation due to the mineral content in the water. Most of these facilities provide changing rooms and amenities for a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Be sure to check their websites or contact them directly for the latest information on services, hours, and reservations, especially if you’re looking for exclusive or private experiences.
This is everything you need to know about the best hot pools Auckland has to offer. Some of them are located in this city, while others are a few hours drive away. The best part about the hot pools is that they will allow you to enjoy quality time with your family. You can also visit the spots if you want to relax alone.